Thievery! The little free library on Noe went missing Wedenesday, and initially in its place was only a chalk outline decrying its loss.
"I was pissed," librarian Jamison Wieser told reporter (and Bay Guardian freelancer) Sara Bloomberg for her blog, A Room with a View in San Francisco.
The little free library sits outside 233 Noe, and people can freely borrow from its collection of 20 or so books. No checkout system exists, it's all based on the honor system. Unfortunately, someone decided to act less than honorably. After the case was stolen, chalk outlines were drawn on the ground where the books from the stolen bookcase were thrown.
Luckily, this story has a happy ending.
The book case was shortly replaced, with books already filling the shelves, Bloomberg reported. There was one new addition though, a sign, reading "These books may be freely borrowed. (Please do not take bookcase)."
The Duboce Triangle little free library is part of the Little Free Library network, with 15,000 participating little libraries and counting. The Duboce Triangle little free library is taking donations at Paypal using the email firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can leave cash with the librarians right on Noe.
- One can keep all the existing - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014
- The US and UK and later - August 7, 2014